Where we fit in the entire schema of things… (an early view). Definitely a rough draft.
Archive for January, 2002
Phil Becker, a long-time friend, mentor and former co-founder of ISPCON has agreed to both fund and help develop the industries first Digital Identity World tradeshow here in the US. Working with Justin M. (founder of JabberCentral (www.jabbercentral.com), we’re also launching an industry information portal to coincide with the tradeshow. This effort is being done completely separate of PingID to ensure that everyone in this emerging space has an equal opportunity to contribute and participate in meaningful ways. Justin’s been doing a bang-up job at getting the industry portal together. Here is a first mock-up of what the site will look like. Look for the site about the end of January at www.digitalidworld.com.
Phil Becker did a fantastic job finding this list of research links covering the Digital Identity space. Check Them Out!
- Equifax Identity Monitering Services
- Personal Identity Protection Insurance
- Identity Theft Resources
- Identity Theft
- Travelers Identity Theft Insurance
- Digital Identity Servers (.NAME DNS) – ASCIO
- Protecting your digital identity
- NOVELL Solution Offering – Digital Identity Management
- Press Release – Activcard Inks 250,000th Digital Identity License in Deals with Datacard, HP, Sun, Lloyds, Citicorp And US DOD
- ID 101 – DIGITAL IDENTITY FOR THE TWENTIES
- NewsNetCertainty Inks $3 Million Deal for Digital Identity Services
- Protect Your Digital Identity. (Identity Theft Problem).
- Second Annual Digital Identity Forum
- Rainbow Technologies on “What is a Digital ID”
- Ascio Technologies, Inc. – First in Digital Identity
- Your legal rights over digital identity
- More On Digital Identity, Client-Side Security
- CNN Report – Total digital privacy may be on the horizon – Aug 18, 1999
- VeriSign And Activcard Team To Deliver Seamlessly Integrated, Next-Generation Solution For Two-Factor Authentication
- Legal-Technical Architectures of Cyberspace
- Directory services take center stage
- Courion self-service identity management solutions reduce support costs, increase security and improve service.
- Microsoft – Managing Identity within an Enterprise
- Digital signature and electronic signature software for e-commerce security, E-Sign compliant – Digital Signature Help Desk
- E-Commerce News Update Sun, Liberty Alliance Align Against Passport
- FAQ – VisionShare Inc
- Revolutionizing the United States Military ID Badge
- Products-Services TrustID Digital Certificates
- Personal Certification FAQ’s
- PinkRoccade Digisign internet security PGP PKI training digital encryption certificates server ID’s signatures Verisign trusted
- Wild ID – Totally Free Digital ID
- Where to Get Your Digital ID
- Secude Digital ID Center
- Az-Tech iSignet iButton Digital ID
- Qwest Digital ID Guide
- ValiCert Secure Solutions for Paperless e-Business
- Clearing the Digital ID
- CIPHERWAR U.S. Orders Over 4 Million Digital ID Cards
- MasterCard International – Digital ID’s
- Welcome to InstantID.com!
- Digital Certificate ID Links Page
- Pennsylvania seeks to legalize digital ID – Tech News – CNET.com
- The University of Texas-Pan American Computer Center-PKI
- Digital IDs, Privacy, and Freedom
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Implantable ID technology – adsx
- S-Mime Introduction Page
- Computerweek – Mastercard CVSP program
- Paragon Services, Inc. – Security FAQs
- First Business Bank – Milwaukee, Security-Disclosures
- Digital ID Cards Pose Civil Liberty Risk – Report
- WSJ.com – Digital ID Cards
- News Is The Digital Signature Enough
- Veridicom, Inc., Fingerprint authentication technology enabling secure e-commerce, smartcard, Smartcards, Smartcard, smartcards
- Good Privacy vs. Bad Privacy – Jon Udell
- Tovaris – The digital identity company
- Identity Center – Identity services, systems integration
- SmartTrust – Digital identity products
- Join ActiveCard’s digital identity revolution
- Government – Building the Digital Identity
- Swiss as trusted third parties in digital identity
- France Internet Next Generation (FING)
- Univ of Toronto – Digital Identity Technology Working Group
- e-Security Conference March 2001
- InternetWeek – Entrust brings Digital IDs to IBM Mainframes
- IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, News – Digital ID Card Test
- Viisage Technology Biometric ID equipment
- Personal Digital ID’s – Message Rant
- ETHICOMP99 – Abstract Regulating Digital Identity
- Datacard Identity Center – Evaluating digital identity solutions
- Arcot Systems Press Room Press Releases 08.02.00
- Personal Identity Protection Insurance
We finalized our logo today and here it is… You’ll be seeing this plenty from now on.
I personally think that the “>” symbol on the first one is an extremely brandable mark, and I like the boldness of colors in both of them.
Yesterday we held our first 4 hour brainstorming session for Ping Identity Corporation. While many topics were discussed, easily the most interesting topic had to do with digital identity rights and principles.
The results of the discussion ended in a collection of poorly scribbled hand-written notes which I brought home last night and drafted this morning into the linked document. I’m sure that many things will change about this Bill of Rights as we progress and other more talented, wise and insightful people are provided an opportunity to comment, but for now, I think it’s a good start. Check it out.
In the beginning there was Ogg. Ogg had a globally unique digital identity, he just didn’t know it it yet. Credit: Bryan Field-Elliot